About Us

Frequently Asked Questions

Rent Cafe Portal

Question 1: How do I log int?

To log into the RentCafe portal please click here  or type https://myportal.hacy.org/ on your web browser. 

Question 2: I do not have a registration code, how do I get one?

Answer: To obtain a registration code, please contact your case manger and/or Breanda Buenrostro at (928)782-3823 x121, if you are a landlord please contact Raquel Sodari at x123. 

Question 3: I have a registration code, but it is not allowing me to register?

Answer: To trouble shoot please contact Breanda Buenrostro at x121, if you are a landlord please contact Raquel Sodari at x 123. 

Question 4: What can I do at the Rent Cafe portal?

Answer:  Applicants- check on application status, updted address, create new applications.                    Section 8 (HCV) process a recertification, report changes, update personal information.                             Property Management- residents under a HACY managed propertie, can make payments online, process work orders, and updated personal contact information. 

Rental Assistance

Question 1: How can I apply for assisted housing?

Answer: To apply for public housing or Housing Choice (Section 8) vouchers, you will need to select the Applicants and the application for each program will be available. Each program has a different criteria and different waiting lists, so you may want to apply for each program.

Question 2: I have a Section 8 voucher, and I'm moving to another city. Can I take my voucher with me?

Answer: Yes, that is possible. But you'll need to contact both your current and your future public housing authority to work out the details. To learn more please see Section 8 page under portability.

Question 3: Where can I find someone who will let me use my voucher to rent a place to live?

Answer: HACY website offers a list of properties available, select Rental Listings on the main page and a list of landlords who are willing to take Housing Choice vouchers will be available.

Question 4: I'd like to rent my home to a Section 8 tenant. How can I do that?

Answer: In order to learn more about it select the New Landlords on the home page, information and instruction will become available. 

Question 5: When will inspections take place?

Answer:  Initial inspections are normally completed within 14 days after the request is submitted and approved by HACY. Annual inspections are scheduled at least 90 days prior to the effective date of the renewal.

Question 6: When will I get paid?

Answer: The HACY promptly pays its vendors on the first business day of each month.  As a new Landlord, it can take HACY up to 60 days after initial inspection passes to process and approve payment on the file.

Question 7:  How much does the tenant pay and how much does Section 8 pay?

Answer: Rental payments are based on the client/tenant income, both the
landlord and tenant will receive an adjustment slip which clearly details who pays what (landlords remember you will not receive the adjustment slip until everything has been finalized, tenants are provided with eligible amounts).

Question 8: What are the procedures to move out?

Answer: Before the Section 8 participant is issued a voucher to move, a proper 30 days notice form must be submitted to current landlord to let them know the intention of vacating the unit. Once this information is receive, it serves as a confirmation from the Landlord that he/she has received proper notice, a voucher will then be issued to the Section 8 participant.  The same format must be followed if the Landlord or the participant is not willing to renew the lease.